Claiming SEIS tax relief

The first thing to note is that the process is slightly different for (a) those who are employed and pay tax via PAYE and do not regularly complete a tax return, and (b) those who are self-employed and/or report their income on a tax return every year and pay tax on account. Those with a tax return have more options.

If you are employed and pay tax under PAYE

If you are self-employed or get a regular tax return or don’t pay tax under PAYE

It may also be possible for you to claim your tax relief in a future year, after 2014/15.  We suggest you consult an accountant for any circumstances different from what’s outlined above.